All of my friends are requesting easy summer sides and it doesn’t get much easier than this raw zucchini carpaccio. No cooking required. Simple, healthy and delicious.
If you have a mandoline you can whip through a pound of zucchini in seconds, creating perfect, thin zucchini slices. Then, just lay the zucchini out on a platter, overlapping the rounds as you go.
Once you have arranged the zucchini, brush them lightly dwith a combo of lemon juice and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and some toasted pine nuts. Garnish with dill, chives and a few sweet pea shoots. Let it sit for ten minutes to give the dressing a chance to soak into the zucchini. Then serve. Easy peasy.
- 1 lb zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon plush 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- fleur de sel or kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- chopped chives
- sweet pea shoots *
- Place your pine nuts in a skillet over medium low heat.
- Stir the nuts frequently until they start to get a bit golden and begin to give off a bit of aroma. This will only take a few minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Slice your zucchini into very thin, even rounds, preferably on a mandoline.
- Arrange the zucchini rounds on a serving platter, overlapping them as you go.
- Mix your lemon juice and olive oil together in a small dish.
- Drizzle the lemon juice/olive oil combination over your zucchini rounds and then use a brush to lightly and evenly distribute the mixture over the zucchini.
- Sprinkle your zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts over the zucchini.
- Garnish your zucchini carpaccio with chopped chives, small dill sprigs and a few sweet pea shoots.
- All the zucchini to sit for ten minutes to give the lemon juice and olive oil a chance to soak into the zucchini and then promptly serve.
- * Ok to substitute other shoots or sprouts.